Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Ince Blundell Exhibition


The second and final exhibition I had was at Ince Blundell car boot sale, small town in rural Merseyside. My dad and I arrived at 6.30am and there were certainly no dealers mobbing us when we arrived this time! In fact we were the second people to arrive! I couldn't quite believe how different this car boot sale was first thing in the morning to how 'The Big One' in Leeds was.


When it eventually got a bit busier with more sellers and buyers, I noticed that there was only white British middle aged or old aged pensioners at this car boot sale. There were families too, and a definite community; especially inside the hall were all the regular stall holders were set up.



Most people were very interested in my project and were happy to answer questions I asked them. The majority of people I spoke to where locals and came regularly to this car boot sale, to meet friends and see if there were any good bargains on offer. Some of the stall holders told me that it was especially quite that morning and it was probably due to the fact it was a bank holiday and people were away on holiday.

No comments: